[Stoves] Wetterau-water-lever

Bruno M. brunom1 at telenet.be
Tue Apr 3 18:33:54 CDT 2012

Very nice Martin, a demo of the Kiss principle.  ;-)
a design goal also very useful in Stoves design.
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

But you can't glue (HD)PE.
There are however a few alternatives that may even make it more simple,
especially to 3° worlders without plastic welding equipment.

- a simple garden hose can, e.g. with some rope or wire, held in that
position.
- a smaller 1" or less, HDPE pipe can be made real warm and bend in that
shape
   ( 4" going to be difficult I'm afraid. ). Heating can be done with
hot water, or the sun,
    or piping the exhaust from a truck through it, or why not, use it a
time as a stove chimney.  ;-)
    If the curves tends to collaps during bending, fill the tube with
sand first.
- Make it in PVC rain or drain pipe then it can be glued, and those 90°
elbows
    are stronger because they fit over each other instead of being but
welded.

Grts
Bruno M.