[Stoves] laziness and acceptance..

rozis jean-francois rozisjf at club-internet.fr
Tue Apr 17 02:45:56 CDT 2012

Dear Martin Boll,

I like your vision of CO2 neutral for households and small scale industries with their environment..the equipment has not obligatory to use less wood, but to burn cleaner,to give more services (heating, water boiling, cooking, drying..), to have a long lifespan, ..If the balance is maintained with local environment, it's just perfect. Everyone is winning..

Concerning the equipment design and biomass upgrading is other affair..The law of laziness I apply when I fish trout as I know where they will be located in the water stream, where they have to make less effort.. but for women in LDC, I have too much respect for them to employ such term of laziness as they really work hard and all we can do is to help to reduce time to work,hardness of their work at affordable cost (most part of population concerned with biomass cooking are dealing with 1-2 US$ daily), when it's the case, they are really ready to adapt , change habits..

Since 20 years working on technology transfer to LDC context on renewable energies, I have no 'a priori', just interrogations concerning interest for the users,  we have to test in efficient way new equipment, new way of dissemination, ..the reason I'm very interested to see where the Envirofit type of stoves are largely disseminated to understand the reasons..(the look, ratio cost/durability, the payment facilities, marketing strategy, ..). For the moment, I don't know if it's the case..so if someone knows where it's largely disseminated??

JF from France