[Stoves] material processing for briquettes few tips on technique

Crispin P-P crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 12:33:26 CDT 2012

Dear AD
Is it a screw type expeller?
Hollow briquettes?
Thanks
Crispin

Dear Stovers,
we feed green leaves directly into a biogas plant. About 10 kg green leaves
per day yield daily about 1000 litres biogas. The veins and midribs of the
leaves accumulate in the biogas plant as undigested debris. Our biogas
plant is designed to enable the removal of the undigested debris from the
digester, without stopping the methane production. This debris can very
easily be briquetted in a briquette extruder provided with a 1 h.p., single
phase, electric motor.  I am quite sure that a hand operated briquetting
machine would also work quite satisfactorily, but we Indians are too lazy
to work with out hands.
Yours
A.D.Karve