[Stoves] Briquette ignition in a Vesto Junior

George Riegg Gambia icecool at qanet.gm
Sun Aug 5 14:34:18 CDT 2012

Hi Rok,

That was one of our main concerns but most people cook with top-feed charcoal jikos at some stage in their lives so they are actually used to lifting off during the cooking process. As Crispin mentioned before the Vesto Junior is a multi-fuel stove and over the last 2 months the families we are monitoring almost on a daily basis in their homes have soon figured out how the stove/fire/intensity/length-of-burn can be "controlled" for different situations simply by varying fuel size (be it charcoal chunks or short wood sticks or, for the briquettes, how many to stack).

Cheers
George