[Stoves] material processing for briquettes few tips ontechnique

Petchers, Neil npetchers at noresco.com
Sun Aug 5 16:08:33 CDT 2012

________________________________

From: stoves-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org <stoves-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org>
To: Discussion of biomass cooking stoves <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Sun Aug 05 14:27:55 2012
Subject: Re: [Stoves] material processing for briquettes few tips ontechnique

Just a note to briquette length: i was talking about 2 very different briquettes, larger ones we worked on in Malawi in 2003 - 16cm in diameter - and the ones i did more experiments with recently - 10cm in outer diameter. Smaller were much better in burning, also more compact and easier to make. I did found out for the side feed stoves the hole needs to be bit bigger than what people usually make, around 4cm, these are also the ones i suggested the length 5-7cm

Greets
Rok

--

Rok Oblak, MAA Design