[Stoves] Revisitng the pine needle issue

Pat clamshell at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 9 23:33:00 CDT 2012

There is also a health aspect to soaking beans: the soaking causes toxins in dry beans to become less harmful. If anyone gets  a stomach upset from eating beans, the beans probably weren't soaked (not to mention causing plenty of flatulence). Maybe they capture the flatulence to run their gas stoves.

Pre-soaking softens the skins of the beans and can reduce cooking time by up to 70%. It also makes the minerals more available. The soak water should be discarded, which also cleans the beans.

Cheers,
Pat