[Stoves] Award for Harry Stokes

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 13:26:24 CDT 2012

For a different reason that I will write on soon, I was searching some (excellent) stove material on Harry's web site, and found notice of his winning a prestigious bioenergy 2012 award. See
http://www.projectgaia.com/blog/2012/06/06/pgi-executive-director-harry-stokes-selected-as-2012-world-bioenergy-award-winner/

I first met Harry at the (first in 2000?) stove conference in Pune, India. Harry's specialty - almost alone - is in pushing liquid fuels (mostly ethanol and methanol) for cooking in developing countries. He is, of course, emphasizing those fuels from biomass rather than fossil sources. Look at his web site for some of the projects now underway.

Congratulations to a well-deserving winner.

Ron