[Stoves] RE : Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves Request for Applications - Field Studies

Elisha Moore-Delate emdelate at chemonics.com
Tue Aug 14 12:13:41 CDT 2012

Dear Ms. Chiang,

My name is Elisha Moore-Delate and I am currently working on the USAID funded Improved Cooking Technology Program (ICTP)in Haiti as the technical advisor for improved biomass cookstoves.

I have attached a brief one pager on the project for you to see the full scope. We should also soon have information posted on the USAID Haiti website.

We are doing many activities that would be useful to the cookstove world and that could benefit from some aspects of the funding opportunities that the Global Alliance will be providing. The problem is that Haiti is not included in the geographies that the alliance wishes to select from.

I would like to request that you reconsider this, especially since not one island state is listed on the countries below. Island states (in particular tropical island states) have particular and important information about stoves, the design and even the material used that stove designers and the stove world should take into consideration prior to making claims about their stoves' longevity and even efficiency.

If you would kindly reconsider including Haiti on your list of places where field studies can be implemented, I will ensure that an application is submitted to the global alliance from a local or international partner.

Thank you,

Elisha