[Stoves] Carbon-negative "PlanetStove: Hybrid Biochar Cooking Stoves."

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Aug 26 09:37:33 CDT 2012

Stephen

Keeping track of biochar stove activities is a challenge. It should be a
"clearinghouse" task of the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves. They have
(about $100 million) more resources than any of us who have been doing this
work voluntarily for the last 18 years.

IBI may have an idea of the overall picture of biochar stoves in China since
they hosted a Chinese group at the Biochar 2012 conference.

Paul Anderson has been the common promoter of TLUD biochar stoves and has
attended events in China. The PlanetStove group attended a CHAB (combined
heat and biochar) camp that Paul, Hugh McLaughlin and others put on.

Sarah Carter and Simon Shackley did a review of biochar stoves last year,
"Biochar Stoves: Field Testing and an Innovation Studies Perspective."
http://www.biochar.org.uk/abstract.php?id=41 This work should be expanded.

Thanks

Tom