[Stoves] Equipment required for testing stoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:53:43 CST 2012

Dear Paul

Do you know what the heat content of the char is? Does someone near you have
a bomb calorimeter?

Thanks

Crispin

+++++++++

Frank,

Getting an accurate dry weight of biochar is indispensable in being able to
sell it.
If we douse the biochar with water, then we no longer have an accurate
measurement of dry weight.
Also biochar right out of the gasifier contains valuable heat that could be
used in keeping food warm.

Therefore I designed a terracotta vase to contain the hot biochar.
A pot placed on top of the vase prevents oxygen from entering.
The vase shown in the drawing below can hold six liters of biochar.
This is the volume of rice hull biochar produced in my 150 gasifier.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/150%20Gasifier/Terrecotta%20Vase/Drawing/T
erracotta%20Vase.pdf

Thanks.
Paul Olivier