[Stoves] TLUD-ND Test results by Jim Jetter was Re: FW: ETHOS 2013: Where is t

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 9 00:07:52 CST 2012

Dear Dean and all,

Your message said:
> Did you see that a TLUD, natural draft by the way, did best in Jim
> Jetter's recent tests?

What tests are you calling "recent"?   Jim is into his third or fourth
set of stoves?   The recently published paper is actually of data show
to Stovers at the Lima Forum 1.5 yrs ago.

In that group, there was    A     TLUD-ND.   A  meaning one.   It was a
prototype unit, and yes, it did very well.  The Champion TLUD by Servals
in India in production since 2008 was not included.

Oh yes, there was also the test results of the gasifier from ARTI.   It
did not perform as well and has resulted in a designation of a lower
performance gasifier.   (There are several reports such as by ACCES
(World Bank activities with cookstoves) that are shown but labeled
"DRAFT" and are not released.)   In my opinion, it does not utilize all
of the known ways to  get better performance.   And why it is being
promoted by GVEP in Kenya is beyond understanding.

I have heard that Jim is testing some TLUD-ND in this current round.   I
have not seen the list of stoves selected for testing.   If you or
anyone can direct me to that list, I would appreciate it.   I hope that
it includes the Peko Pe by Wendelbo, the Champion by Servals, and the
Mwoto by the Uganda BEIA project.   And maybe other natural draft TLUDs.

Otherwise, the only test results of TLUD-ND that I know of on the
Internet are those of my Quad TLUD   (at www.drtlud.com    and elsewhere).

I will be so glad when we finally have results for the well made TLUD-ND
units.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072