[Stoves] Coffee Pulp/Cherry

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Fri Feb 10 15:17:40 CST 2012

One of the best ways to manage wet coffee pulp waste is to ferment it.
See: http://esrla.com/pdf/landfill_07.pdf
The fermented coffee pulp is then fed to pigs.
The feces of the pig is fed to BSF larvae,
and the residue of the larvae is fed to red worms.

One of the best ways to manage dry coffee husk waste is to gasify it:
http://esrla.com/pdf/landfill_06.pdf
To prevent agglomeration of the biochar and to enhance gasification,
it is best to gasifiy the coffee husk together with some rice hulls.
I mix them 50%/50% by volume.
Simply burning coffee husks is really a bad solution,
since it gives rise to a lot of truly awful black smoke.

Thanks.
Paul Olivier

--
Paul A. Olivier PhD