[Stoves] Grates and chimneys

CHRISTA ROTH stoves at foodandfuel.info
Mon Feb 13 11:33:59 CST 2012

Xavier, I don't know of any study, but if you stick a moisture meter
into a living tree, you will get much higher moisture contents than
'only' 50%. and a freshly  cut tree will not lose that much moisture
in the one day before it gets stuck into a stove. and you are right:
it is nearly impossible to burn that type of moisture content cleanly...
do you have a moisture meter? if not, try to collect some wood and
charcoal samples and calculate the moisture through the weight loss
after you have dried the samples well in a kiln/oven. you will be
surprised what you get.
regards christa