[Stoves] Is there a role for combining torrefaction and char-making stoves?

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Thu Feb 23 17:08:57 CST 2012

Dear Stovers and Ron,

Interesting idea. Torrefied wood is on a steep slope starting at 250 and ending at 450 from the info I have. Going from 100 unit weight to 20 so you are talking about a system that will be hard to control IMO and the result will be a wide variation of quality. With just enough heat the wood is easily broken with a snap so could save on size reduction for the stove and lighter in weight. If heating to, say 350, why not just go to completion(?) rather than start over.

Look forward to hearing what others say.

Regards

Frank

Frank Shields

42 Hangar Way