[Stoves] Is there a role for combining torrefaction and char-making stoves? HM

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 25 10:07:41 CST 2012

--
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:    Dr TLUD      Doc      Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf (excellent ref.)
My website specific for TLUD information: www.drtlud.com  =  www.DrTLUD.com

Crispin,

> Torrefaction greatly reduces the amount of power needed for pelletizing.
> Can you give us a reference on that, or if not, can you suggest a general
> rule about the reduction in energy requirement? That would be a valuable
> number to remember.

Sorry, that is far beyond my knowledge base.  But others know it or
can find it.  It is indisputable, but at what quantifiable point does
it have a net benefit?  I too await that answer.

Hugh McLaughlin might know that, so I have cc'ed him.  (He is not
subscribed to the Stoves Listserv, so be sure to include his address
if you want him to get a message.)

Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu