[Stoves] Social Entrepreneurs Over 60: How to Win a $100, 000 Purpose Prize

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Feb 26 12:27:28 CST 2012

All,

Many of us involved in stoves are over 60. I have always been impressed by
the generous industry of our generation in trying to change the world for
the better. There are prizes for this work. Last year my cousin, Nancy
Hughes, won the  a "Purpose Prize" for her work with Stove Team
International (http://www.stoveteam.org/) . She donated the $100,000 prize
to the organization to continue the good work. Many people have asked what
the prize was. (Some thought incorrectly that it might be from Rotary
International.) The links below describe the prize and the winning social
entrepreneurs.

See the 2011 winners:

http://www.secondact.com/2011/11/2011-purpose-prize-winners/

How to Win a $100,000 Purpose Prize

http://www.secondact.com/2012/02/what-to-know-about-applying-for-a-2012-purp
ose-prize/

Applications for 2012 are due March 31. I am sure that are many deserving
candidates in the stoves community.

Tom Miles

www.stoves.bioenergylists.org