[Stoves] Heat / cook stove - proposed design

Alex English english at kingston.net
Mon Jan 9 19:35:43 CST 2012

Hello Darren and Crispin,

I have played with some of these gravity hopper or down feed burners,
both large and small.  I would like to point out the obvious, that your
"playing with fire" and risking explosion. Often its a minor 'POOF' but
it is still enough to send smoke and sparks back through air intakes and
into places you don't want them to go.  That is what can happen when you
trap combustible gasses. If your using very dry wood you can generate
potent gasses.

You have taken on a tricky task. I am trying something similar too. If I
learn something useful I'll let you know.

Good Luck

Alex