[Stoves] Raising the flame temperature

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Mon Jan 16 21:34:04 CST 2012

Dear Alex,

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 13:09:00 -0500
> From: Alex English <english at kingston.net>
> To: Discussion of biomass cooking stoves
> <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
> Subject: Re: [Stoves] Inverted top lit updraught
>
> Can we melt steel with torrified wood?

One possibility is to preheat the combustion air through "waste heat
recovery" or by using some/similar fuel seperately for preheating purpose.

Is it also possible to use a molecular sieve to filter out some of the
nitrogen from the combustion air ?  I do not know the cost implications
here.

Regards,

Rajan