[Stoves] The upside of Down feed

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Jan 17 21:00:29 CST 2012

Crispin.

I worry about the pellets bridging and failing to flow.

Why? How many hours of trouble free operation would unwrinkle your brow?

>>> The difference between this and a downdraft burner is that the fire is
> not
>>> at the bottom of the hopper, it is in the tube so technically it is a
>>> hopper-fed cross-draft fire.
There is fire at base of, or directly below, the  hopper. If the pellets
bridged and stopped moving down, i think they would start to burn which
would undermine the bridging.

Perhaps I should through an over sized chip in with the pellets an see
what happens.

Alex