[Stoves] Charcoal stoves in Cameroon

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:06:08 CST 2012

" So nice to hear from someone in Cameroon. Is charcoal a popular urban
fuel?

Xavier in Benin (also in this group) has some stove developments that might

interest you."

My expertise does not go very far, but I'd be happy to share the results
from the few tests I made with charcoal stoves. One interesting stove is
Crispin's improved malgache, quite easy and cheap to build. And I am sure
Cameroon and Benin have a lot in common.

But I am producing and selling institutional wood stoves, not domestic
charcoal stoves (which I very much intend to do though), so I have more to
say about the institutional ones.

Cheers,

Xavier