[Stoves] research on activated carbon for water filters for the victims of disasters

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 19:52:57 CST 2012

Dear Jed,
the TLUD stove is very good for charring biomass. We regularly use a T-LUD
contraption made from a 200 litre steel barrel for charring biomass.
Although we normally use it for agricultural waste, it works very well for
bamboo too. Bamboo charcoal, even without any treatment shows the
properties of activated charcoal.
Yours
A.D.Karve

--