[Stoves] The upside of Down feed

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 22:38:55 CST 2012

Alex and list:

My interest is in the first several lines , which read:

Crispin: "This is interesting news. The grate looks great, and if there is a pile of char that is maintained in front, we must conspire to burn it."

Alex: "Not so fast. I rather like the idea of a naturally formed biochar venturi:) "

RWL: I have totally missed the possibility of a char output in your design. I can't even see a Venturi possibility.. Can you explain a bit more on how that can be accomplished? Have you accomplished any char preservation yet?

Thanks. Ron

This is interesting news. The grate looks great, and if there is a pile of char that is maintained in front, we must conspire to burn it.

Not so fast. I rather like the idea of a naturally formed biochar venturi:)

<snip remainder>