[Stoves] oxygen percentage in air ( same altitude ) and wood stove performance

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 02:38:05 CST 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 03:10:25 rajan_jiby at dataone.in wrote:
> Volume ratios are not affected. But air density will be differrent.

Yes but this should impact both places equally, Lower air density will
derate stoves power as less airmass will be passing through the stove,

> I have not considered the humidity. But it was the same wood sample.

My point was that the wood sample will actually change in moisture content
with changes in humidity, albeit a small amount which I doubt would
produce a discernible change in combustion.

Exhaled air contains about 4% CO2 and a petrol engine exhaust as much as
13% IIRC and we know that feeding back CO2 can depress grate temperature
so if the air is still and a lot of traffic your first thought may be
possible.

AJH