[Stoves] Confirm stove efficiencies in Vietnam

Marc Pare mpare at gatech.edu
Mon Jul 2 02:31:37 CDT 2012

Tuong --

How about Kirk Smith's

GREENHOUSE GASES FROM SMALL-SCALE COMBUSTION DEVICES IN DEVELOPING
COUNTRIES: PHASE IIA Household Stoves in India
http://ehs.sph.berkeley.edu/krsmith/?p=249

It would be good to cross reference the efficiencies you found. For
example, for an LPG stove, the report eff is only just over 50%.

It's from 1999. There are more recent surveys (from Aprovecho, for example).

I didn't see biogas in your survey. PPRE has a biogas program, so maybe you
don't want to leave them out :)

Also, I'm not sure reporting a single efficiency number is all that useful.
The stove types you detail have much variation depending on construction
quality, operation, fuel type, pot size, etc.

Hope this helps, good luck,

Marc Paré
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology | Université de Technologie de Compiègne

my cv, etc. | http://notwandering.com