[Stoves] Servals natural draft wood stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 11:28:52 CDT 2012

Nice work Rajan

I recognise a couple of parts from other devices in there. The black pot
rest looks like it comes from a paraffin stove and the round thing under it
looks like.well sort of like a jelly mould made from stainless steel.

I am glad to hear you have put in a grate because excessive charcoal
production lowers efficiency. You should also get a cleaner burn in terms of
emissions per kg of fuel put into the stove.

I am glad to see also the pot skirt making a seal at the bottom edge. This
adds to the draft. If you limit the air getting into the fuel hole (with a
drop-down plate) you can get an increase in the flame temperature by
limiting unneeded excess air. Have you tried it? When you add vertical
height it usually pays to limit the air entrance cross section.

Of course everyone will like the BA surface material!

How much does it weigh?

How much does it cost, say per 100?

+++++++

Dear All,

Servals wood stove is shown at the following link.

This is a low-smoke stove with a rated fire-power of 2 KW.

http://servalsgroup.blogspot.in/2012/01/servals-modified-natural-draft-wood.
html

Best Regards,

Rajan