[Stoves] Biochar and Peko Pe in Zambia

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 29 10:09:34 CDT 2012

Stovers and Biochar enthusiasts,

See the first two reports at this website about agriculture in Zambia (a
Norwegian project).   Note the reference to the Peko Pe by Wendelbo as a
source of biochar.   I thank Graham Knight in the UK for sending the link.

> Stephen Pearson reports:
> " some V. important info. on small scale African farming from
> Zambia with V. good results for sandy soils.
>  at www.conservationagriculture.org/cfu-research
> <http://www.conservationagriculture.org/cfu-research> there are 14
> reports.
> Try the first one on bio-char - doubles the yield.
> I would expect would give a boost to locals and make this programme
> self funding."
BTW, today starts the USBI conference about biochar in California. I am
headed there now.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072