[Stoves] Energy supply and use in a rural West African village

Bryden, Kenneth [M E] kmbryden at iastate.edu
Sat Jun 2 10:26:47 CDT 2012

Crispin

Yes (and I think it is closer to 290 tons) - if you look at Figure 1 you'll see that this is low for Africa (although not the lowest) based on more approximately 40 other reports and in the band for reported values for Mali. Given that Mali is one of the poorest countries in Africa this would be expected. We have second paper currently in review that provides much more detail on the stoves use and on the fuels used.

Mark

On Jun 2, 2012, at 10:05 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:

Dear Mark and Nathan

>If you have free access to Energy (an Elsevier journal) the journal article can be downloaded from ENERGY  at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360544212003088 .

Thanks for the great work in Mali – difficult place to do long studies. Is it true that (by my calculation) the village is using about 250 tons of wood per annum? Does that jive?

Thanks

http://www.bioenergylists.org/