[Stoves] from ashes to ashes.....

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Wed Jun 13 12:45:34 CDT 2012

Dear Christa, Crispin, AD et al.
Thanks all for your esteemed elucidation. This group resource is really amazing, eh !

A little update our latest design for a portable biomass chopper masher; Its bearing some fruit now. Its almost entirely wood save ordinary scrap hacksaw blades, a handfull of nails a handmade sieve out of 16 ga metal, a couple of sealed ball bearings ( used are fine) and two hand wire brushes. Weight ~ 14kg, footprint, 13x13" height collapsed: 24 ". With legs on = 45" height w crank height of 38" . Capacity is, by dint of admittedly, only a few weeks  testing here in petro land, in the 120 kg per day range --sufficient feedstock  for briquettes for about 50 families a day . Thats about one good days output for a four to six person production team on any variety of presses. Blend in such as rice husks or sawdust or charcoal fines and you easily double that market.

I am returning to Guatemala to see how our training took up and will be testing it there while arranging for its mfg there as well. Plans will emerge from that experience later this summer and will be available on our website then.
Hasta,
Richard stanley
Www.legacyfound.org