[Stoves] moving warm air

John Davies jmdavies at telkomsa.net
Thu Jun 21 14:58:58 CDT 2012

Great idea Kevin,

When on lifts ones head to that height, one almost gasps for air, in the
concentrated heat, it almost singes ones face. The wife says you are a wise
man, she agrees that it can work, but does not like the way it looks.

I think that the answer will be a hole in the wall at ceiling height, with a
fan in the hole, blowing into ducting, moving the hot air about 10m down the
passage at ceiling height.  Then through another hole and down the wall to
floor level, into the far room of the house.

As Paul mentioned to me in a private mail, It would simulate a  central
heating system. To take hot air directly off the stove would require another
10m of ducting. This would complicate things

I think my experiments will follow the first option, but taking the ducting
through the top of the doorways, to see how it works.

Thanks to all, for the ideas,

John.

PS. We have another cold front approaching, with possibility of rain. Highly
unusual in this summer rainfall area.

# Here is an idea for a Ceiling Fan, that requires no cutting of holes in
walls. Install above the doorway.

# Check with "The Wife" before installing. :-)

Best wishes,

Kevin