[Stoves] Interesting link

Paal Wendelbo paaw at online.no
Wed Jun 27 04:39:05 CDT 2012

Stovers

Are we talking about, stoves and fuel for cooking to be used 2-3 times per day by more than 1/3 of the population the world?

With higher demands for emission and efficiency it will go in a direction to more expensive and sophisticated subsidized stoves; produced by high technology factories somewhere, and which need a special type of fuel to fit to the stove. Will that be biomass or fossil fuel is one question, another will be, will the carbon credit also be available for fuel? The stove is investment; the fuel is every day running costs.

It is possible to produce a perfect TLUD-ND at almost no cost, but it will not last for more than a month. The cost of the fuel will be the same as for more sophisticated stoves and need the same attention as the stove and has in all contexts to be treated together.

To me biomass will be the natural fuel for most people in the developing world, and today around 15 % of the population in developing countries have their daily income from biomass as household energy. Biomass is mostly available where people stay in terms of human, agriculture and forestry waste, and will be excellent household energy for simple TLUDs treated the right way. Biomass as household energy will save existing jobs and create new jobs and that is what’s needed. Take a look on another interesting link www.agronova.no  can be one alternative.

Together with GACC we have a unique opportunity to do something to really improve the life of 1/3 the world population.

Create more unemployment or create more jobs? That’s the main question.

 Best regards Paal W