[Stoves] Congo Briquettes

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:52:29 CDT 2012

Dear Friends

Short, round holey briquettes:

Congo Nishati Mpya (Congo New Energy) is launched

April 17, 2012

http://bensincongo.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/congo-nishati-mpya-is-launched/

"We are pleased to announce the creation of this new business venture in
Butembo, DRC. We are notably grateful for the local leadership of James
Kataliko and for the inspiration of Patrick Cowles of Oregon to make this
happen."

"Much like in Haiti, everyone in Congo depends on gathered wood to provide
cooking heat. This is leading to localized deforestation. Wood briquettes
require only water as an additive and so they make a lot of environmental
sense. With a sales price of roughly $.03 to $.05 per briquette but with the
ability to make hundreds per day, once the capital costs have been deployed,
Congo Nishati Mpya has the ability to generate a significant source of
funds.

"The agreed mandate of the company is to provide good local wages for
multiple families while generating profit for the business. 50% of net
profits will be maintained by the business for expansion while 50% will be
used in support of charitable needs, initially for the CSCODI Mama Dorcas
orphanage
<http://bensincongo.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/mama-dorcas-orphanage/>  and
the CSCODI school for orphans
<http://bensincongo.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/cscodi-school-for-orphans/> ."