[Stoves] the 150 gasifier in operation in Vietnam

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Mon Mar 5 23:11:23 CST 2012

If I understood the patents, the material needs not only to be refractory,
but also to radiate heat in the desired frequency (turns red with heat).
Patent US4452225 used Monel.  Patent US6612834 requires "an inoxidizable,
non-porous refractory material formed to be permeable and non-porous and
which turns red with heat."  Patent US7631640 only describes high
temperature metal (No mention of heated color).

Also, could someone who knows more about these things than I (most of you,
I'd wager) please review US6612834?  It can be read at:
<http://www.google.com/patents?id=DjoNAAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=US6612834&hl=en&sa=X&ei=sZdVT471HaaviAKnuOi2Bw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA>,
if the url doesn't work, just type the patent number into google to get to
google patents.

I am curious about the inventor's explanation of his use of an amplifying
outer enclosure (labeled "5"). It starts at Column 8 line 59 and goes
through Column 9 line 57.  The goal being to convert as much heat as
possible into IR radiation.