[Stoves] the 150 gasifier in operation in Vietnam

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:28:29 CST 2012

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 15:09:09 +0700, Paul Olivier wrote:

>But I am not sure at what temperatures it emits the most thermal radiation.

The power emitted is related to the 4th power of its absolute energy,
the energy it receives is related to the sum of the energies it
receives from objects in its surrounding "view" and at the levels we
are discussing may be ignored.

By its second use I would expect a bright steel bar to have
discoloured sufficiently to be a near black body.

If it is at blood red heat and is near black body then its temperature
is around 600C, at 1000C it is turning yellow.

I had always thought even mild steel would withstand 700C (cherry red)
before it started scaling and ultimately failing.

AJH