[Stoves] the 150 gasifier in operation in Vietnam (Matt Redmond)

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Tue Mar 6 19:50:49 CST 2012

There is a reasonably understandable explanation of infrared heaters at
wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_heater

The other side of the question is, How can you modify the pot to maximize
both radiant heat and convective heat?

You can play with the materials to get the frequency you want (or close to
it).  There is a patent by the Hughes Corporation that I remember glancing
at that discusses the non-visible spectrum, but I couldn't find it again.
I will post it if it looks relevant.

If you start with the patents I posted, you can look at the cited and
referring patents and also check for bibliographic information in the
patents themselves.  Some inventors are amazingly candid in explaining
their patents.  Others are almost cryptic, to those of us not "well versed
in the art."