[Stoves] radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Mar 9 10:45:57 CST 2012

Dear Crispin

I did another experiment a follows:

Basically, I had a piece of heavy wool cloth as a "background." I "shot the
mirror" at various angles, with the wool cloth intercepting the "red dot"
after it bounced off the mirror.

1: A direct temperature reading of the wool cloth was 62 F
2: Very Shallow angular reflection of the mirror and onto the cloth gave 62
F also.
3: When I "shot directly" at the mirror, with the face of the instrument
directly on the mirror, I read 57 F.
4|: As I increased the angle of the beam, the observed temperature fell
relatively uniformly from 62 to 57.  (Eg, at 40 to 50 degree angle, the
indicated temperature was about  51 to 50 F

Best wishes,

Kevin