[Stoves] radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

Ray Menke ray.menke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:07:36 CDT 2012

Paul,
Thanks for some really interesting information.
Why not set the 150 gasifier up under a 55 gallon drum of water and
let it run through a complete load of rice husks without the mesh
dome, and then do the same thing with the mesh dome under another drum
of water. If the water in the drums started out at the same
temperature, the ending temperatures (when the thermo switch in the
gasifier shut down the fan) should be different.  I would say you are
free to adjust the speed of the fan with the PWM pot, just as you
would do if you were cooking.
BTW, I did an experiment here with a mesh from an old satellite dish,
figuring it would last for a "little while".  It glowed a very nice
dark red, then lighter red, and POOF...it vaporized and fell into the
cylinder after only a few minutes!

--
Ray  Menke