[Stoves] Pasifier Video

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 16:49:31 CDT 2012

Alex cc List

Nice work (again).

Few questions:

1. You sent in a "stoves" message on 12 Jan that had some similarities to, but also major differences from, this given below. Can you describe how and why the various differences?

2. I can't see a reason for the name "pasifier", but my google search engine was sure you had mis-spelled "pacifier". I assume "P" might stand for "pellet"? How about the "as"? Yours seems to have some similarity to the "dasifier" - is that part of the name history?

3. You also indicated this was working for wood chips - which is welcome news because of presumed lower costs. Can you say more on costs?

4. Do you have (or could have) any control on output power? For how long can the indicated tall supply last - and how much does power change during this period?

5. Any chance that this can be run as a charcoal-maker? (with some re-design assumed/allowed).

6. You showed 0.1 inch water pressure difference. At
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/22657/22657-h/chapters/chimneys.html
they show .67 inches for 100 ft chimney. Is yours in the neighborhood of 14-15 feet? (This assuming closer to 500 oF, per their example)

7. Your previous video concentrated on the flame inside the (modified) original stove. Presumably this time no flame to be seen there?

8. We haven't heard anything on your earlier moving grate burner modifications for the greenhouse. Have you been getting some char out? (presumably chips?)

Thanks again for keeping us informed. Ron