[Stoves] radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:58:28 CDT 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 06:18:14 +0700, Paul Olivier wrote:

>More primary air means more gas.

Yes

>It does not necessarily mean more excess or secondary air.

No but it the  primary gas stream acts as an ejector or aspirator to
entrain the secondary air.

>My simple understanding of what is happening here is that
> wind does not disturb what is happening within the dome.

I think so too.

>Wind does not dissipate heat so easily.

I cannot see this once outside the dome.

>This gives a better transfer of convective heat,

Nor this.

The only single thing that increases the transfer to the pot from the
rising gases is if they are at a higher temperature.

> and it also gives more thermal radiation.

Yes the glowing dome will radiate more power than the blue flame.

AJH