[Stoves] Pasifier Video

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Mar 13 05:52:53 CDT 2012

Crispin, Ron,

The Testo probe for my measurement was at the end of the combustion
chamber under the cooking surface near but not at the exit where the
gases flow to the box stove. I don't consider the temperature numbers to
be an  accurate flow average. Likely a bit on the low side. If I take my
sample after the box stove I get a lower temperature and lots of excess
air as the box stove is not tight. There can also be more CO from fire
remnants in the box stove. I would agree that the system efficiency as
it is is between 70 and 75% and if there were sufficient heat exchange
it would easily be 80%. It takes almost half our greenhouse boiler
surface area to get that last 5%.

As it is, the Testo reads low 70s% efficiency before or after the box stove.

I was surprised to see that it could be as high 65% with just the
combustion chamber heat loss.

Alex