[Stoves] radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Wed Mar 14 18:36:53 CDT 2012

There are problems with what I have written below.
Let me again.

Without the dome, the probe encounters hot gases and registers a
temperature of 563 C.
It turns red hot and starts emitting thermal radiation.

With the dome, the probe encounter hot gases as well as thermal radiation.
But it only registers a temperature of 500 C.
It does not turn red hot.
Therefore the probe does not absorb thermal radiation from the dome very
well.

Thanks.
Paul