[Stoves] 5 USD per this armful sized bundle of fuelwood of softpine fuelwood

Ken Boak ken.boak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:28:50 CDT 2012

Crispin,

Likewise good to hear from you.

To give an update, I have left the UK to work for All Power Labs in
Berkeley, California - developing automation and electronic
controls/monitoring for biomass fuelled gensets (10kW- 100kW).  It's good
to be in the San Francisco Bay Area - which is rapidly becoming a hotbed of
Cleantech development.

My "pet" project however is to complete the research I started on the spark
ignition conversion of the 6hp Lister diesel - and produce a kit of parts
that allows it to be started on diesel and then run on woodgas. These I
hope can be produced at an affordable price for rural farmers who purchase
small diesels for pumping and power generation - I think an Indian
Listeroid is $600 to $1000 at the factory gate.

This is not dual fuelling, but a means of substitution possibly 95% of all
diesel consumption for woodgas.  At the same time producing healthy
quantities of boichar - which is benefical to small scale farmers.

We are going to working alongside Re:char  http://www.re-char.com/ who are
producing biomass kilns in Kenya, from waste 55gal oil drums, in a 20 foot
shipping containerised workshop they call "Shop in a Box"

Thanks for you figures relating fuel and beer to the local wages.  It makes
an interesting metric.

Keep up the good work

Ken