[Stoves] air velocity

Marc Pare mpare at gatech.edu
Wed Mar 21 03:27:42 CDT 2012

Sarbagya,

You might check out this page to get you started on a theoretical estimate:
http://www.cookstove.net/comb-chamb-design/air-supply.html
It focuses on the stove types you just mentioned.
(I can't speak for cookstove.net's accuracy, but it will at least get you
started)

For our back-of-the-enveloped calculations, we would use a combination
ofstack effect<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_effect>,
stoichiometric air requirement, and excess air. Worked well enough for our
purposes (design by negative selection), but won't be enough for
quantitiative modeling.

Marc Paré
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology | Université de Technologie de Compiègne

my cv, etc. | http://notwandering.com