[Stoves] Improved Dung Burning Stove for Peru?

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sun May 20 01:05:14 CDT 2012

Ann,

Thanks for your inquiry and thanks Nancy for your recommendation. We are not directly involved with improved stoves; However there a contact in Peru that you might want to explore.

We installed a briquette production project in the outlying areas of Cusco under the Adventist Development Relief Organisation in 2003 ( see the latter half of the video on our website) but they let it all die just as it was getting off the ground, as their priorities apparently shifted to follow the changes in their donor's ( then USAID) interests. I returned to discover all this while at the PCIA stove conference in Peru, in Feb, 2011. While there, I also happened to meet a one  Javier Saldivar <javiercusco at gmail.com> who is very active with stove projects in the southern highlands. I am not sure what kind of material he uses for the chimney though.

Kind regards,

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org
Ashland Oregon ( our Mayor is a one John Stromberg: Any relation ? )