[Stoves] Metal screen (gauze) after burner on a natural gas flame

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Thu May 24 00:09:41 CDT 2012

It looks like the patio heaters discussed earlier in the strainer thread.

This might explain it better:
http://www.viessmann.co.uk/etc/medialib/internet_uk/images/products.Par.24151.File.File.tmp/Commercialoilandgasweb.pdf

Page 6 of the following document has a schematic of the burner with German
text (which I don't understand any better than Dutch):
http://www.viessmann.co.uk/etc/medialib/internet-global/pdf_documents/datasheets.Par.53058.File.File.tmp/DB-5368773.pdf

They also have a MatriX Cylinder Burner and a MatriX Pre-mix Burner, which
appear to use perforated stainless sheet.  They are not radiant burners,
though I imagine they could probably be tweaked to maximize radiant output.