[Stoves] Rice hull gasifier milling rice

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 02:28:36 CDT 2012

Very interesting. I like that you ran a diesel on it. This one looks like a truck engine. It is massive.

There was far more equipment on the gas cleaning side than I expected. I will look at the photos later but I think there are 4 cleaning vessels. The auger feeds rice hull horizontally to the bottom of a cone then upwards into the expanding cone. Then there is a vertical cylinder which is the reaction vessel then a tapering cone on top which is quite tall. I'd say the overall height is 5 metres.

The gas travels to the mill by 75mm PVC pipe suspended above the ground about 1.5 metres.

The mill itself is enormous with multiple machines mounted in close proximity, 6 elevators etc.

Regards
Crispin in Phnom Penh