[Stoves] Smoke-free biomass pellet fueled stove

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 11:47:13 CDT 2012

Prof. Nurhuda

This is a really fine looking stove. The part that intrigues me most is that you are controlling secondary air for the pyrolysis gases. And apparently doing it (and primary air) well with the rotating disc mechanism. I do not recall seeing any other stove controlling both (without a fan) - so any data on the value of that for users of the stove could be very helpful to others. (Can they control excess air by the look of the flame?)

A few questions:

the price?
sales going well?
what percentage char by weight?
any soil improvement results from using the biochar?
can you do more than a 4:3 turndown ratio? (based on your two stated power levels)
apparently you are striving for biochar (great!), but can you describe conditions if you try to burn the produced char?
any efficiency data?
you appear to be pre-heating both primary and secondary air - can you attribute any performance improvement to that? (I know of no-one else doing both)

Thanks for the alert on your stove.

Ron