[Stoves] Smoke-free biomass pellet fueled stove

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Nov 3 21:49:36 CDT 2012

Dear Ronal and Prof. Nurhuda,

I too await the answers to Ron's questions.   And add a comment about
what Ron wrote:
> you appear to be pre-heating both primary and secondary air - can you
> attribute any performance improvement to that?  (I know of no-one else
> doing both)
I cannot think of anyone preheating primary air in a TLUD to any
significant degree.  That is because there is no serious heat in the
lower areas of TLUDs until the pyrolysis front makes it at least half
way down the column of fuel.  And then the heat is by conduction through
the metal sidewalls.

Looking at the video by Nurhuda, I do not detect any effort to pre-heat
the primary air.   He can clarify that for us.   What is important is
the quality of the control of the amount of primary air that can
enter.   VERY  WELL DONE.   His stove should be a case study of
industrial manufacturing of natural draft TLUDs.

I request from Prof. Nurhuda as much additional information as
possible.   The more that everyone and the GACC knows about the
Indonesia TLUD success story, the more opportunities there will be for
the further scaling up to serve people in Indonesia and elsewhere.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com