[Stoves] Using TLUD and other chars for water treatment in developing communities:

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Thu Nov 8 19:28:55 CST 2012

Josh,

Also I am curious to know which form of N is best sorbed by biochar: urea,
ammonia, ammonium, nitrate ...
Does N have to be in a liquid or gaseous state for the best result?

Since rice hulls are so available and cheap here in Asia,
 I would be delighted if you could run tests on rice hull biochar.
Would this be possible?
Can you access rice hulls?
If so, I will send you a 150 gasifier.

Imagine rice hull biochar loaded with N from human urine fed to cattle to
improve feed conversion and reduce methane.
http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd24/11/leng24199.htm

Thanks.
Paul