[Stoves] Using TLUD and other chars for water treatment in developing communities:

aldrin andrews a.andrews at hotmail.co.za
Fri Nov 9 00:56:48 CST 2012

Hi,I will no longer be interested in your information re: the stoves.thank you.Aldrin Andrews.
 Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 22:51:20 -0700
From: yeah.yeah.right.on at gmail.com
To: stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
CC: kylekshimabuku at gmail.com; mahoney.ry at gmail.com; cori.oversby at gmail.com; Richard.Fisher at colorado.edu; embushu at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Stoves] Using TLUD and other chars for water treatment in developing communities:

Paul - we will look at N-speciation in our sorption experiments and let you know. We will most likely also be doing some work with gas phase uptake by biochars. This work is an offshoot of our grant from the Gates Foundation ("Reinvent The Toilet Challenge"). We should have some interesting and hopefully insightful results to share and discuss in the coming weeks/months.

I have some rice husk gasifier char that was sent to me by a Stanford grad student who was working in Vietnam some months ago - perhaps you met Ivy Nguyen? I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but we can most likely incorporate it into our experimental matrix. I'd love to have a 150 gasifier if you are willing to send me one.

Josh