[Stoves] How to convert thermal efficiency into fuel savingsfigures

Marc-Antoine Pare marcpare0 at me.com
Thu Oct 11 12:13:45 CDT 2012

Kirk Smith's "Short Primer on Stove Efficiencies" was the best explanation of "efficiency" as it relates to stoves that's have encountered. And only 2 pages!
http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/stovesdoc/Smith/Primer/Primer.html

Careful in comparing stoves of different classes -- TLUD "efficiency" can mean something quite different from Rocket "efficiency". For example: what do you do with the leftover char? It probably depends on where in the world you're talking about (even with the same stove!)

-Marc